Collocations for Talking about Your Family


A friend of mine ________gave____ birth to her son at home with the help  of a nurse.


A number of the kids in my classroom come from ______broken_______ homes.



After a ______hostile_______ divorce from his wife of 20 years, the actor married a woman young enough to be his daughter.



I see my _____extended_________ family once a year, during our annual family vacation.




I was raised in a very ______loving_______ family, in which everyone helped each other.



I was _____raised________ by my grandparents after my parents passed away.



I'm on good _____terms________ with all my former boyfriends.



John had a _______carefree______ childhood, growing up with happily married parents and three brothers.



Many women  regret ______having______ an abortion years afterwards.




My aunt's going through a ______messy______ divorce; she's paying a fortune in legal fees.



My husband doesn't get along with a few of my family ______members__________.


Although my salary is low, I get child ______support________ from my ex-husband.


My sister ______got______ pregnant immediately after she got married.


My son is making a diagram of our family ______tree______ for a school project.


My wife is pregnant with twins. They're ____due_______ in February.



Sally was granted sole _______custody_______ of the children from her first marriage.


Teenagers who had a _____troubled________ childhood often have behavior problems in school.


The celebrity wrote a book about his ___ dysfunctional ____ family.


The divorce ____ settlement _________ awarded the wife $500,000.


There are four people in my ____ immediate ________ family.


They have three biological children and two ____ adopted _______ children.