Ecpe Oral Examination Suggestions Stage 1

Stage 1 (EXAMPLES)

Q: What do you do?

A: Well, I’ve just finished my studies and I’m looking for a job.
A: I am currently working in …. Hospital as an ….. Doctor…But, I am pleased to report that I have also recently concluded my PHD regarding……
A: Well, I am working at Ernst & Young (known as EY), which is a multinational professional services firm. My current position is ….
A: I am a graduate from the University of Athens with a degree in Mathematics. Currently I am persuing my post graduate degree in ……
A: I am currently working for the H.A.F. My area of expertise is Mechanics. I have just been re-posted in Athens, so I am adjusting both professionally as well as socially.


Q: What are your favorite pastime activities?

A: I quite enjoy fishing and swimming. Actually I go fishing every weekend.

Q: Are you keen on football?

A: Yes, actually I have formed a small amateur team with the help of old neighbors and friends of mine. We try to meet up every Monday evenings. I am actually looking forward to it!


Q: Do you like reading?

A: Well, as a matter of fact I don’t read as much as I would like to, but I find it very relaxing.


Q: Do you have any favorite TV programs?

A: No, I don’t particularly enjoy watching TV, but getting ready for the ECPE examination, I found that watching non-subtitled movies helped me a lot. So, to answer your question, I do have a favorite movie, called Forrest Gump.
Forrest Gump is a simple man with a low I.Q. but good intentions. His mother teaches him the ways of life and leaves him to choose his destiny. He joins the army for service in Vietnam, finding new friends; he wins medals, creates a business, inspires people to jog, creates the smiley, writes bumper stickers and songs, donates to people and meets the president several times. In the end all he wants to prove is that anyone can love anyone.

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy most?
A: I rather like Greek music, but I also enjoy listening to classical music.

Q: Why are you learning English?

A: Oh, English is the dominant business language and it has become almost a necessity for people to speak English if they are to enter a global workforce.
A: English is the language of science, of aviation, computers, diplomacy, and tourism. Knowing English increases your chances of getting a good job in a multinational company within your home country or of finding work abroad.
A: Since English is spoken in so many different countries there are thousands of schools around the world that offer programs in English. If you speak English, there’re lots of opportunities for you to find an appropriate school and course to suit your academic needs.

Q: Is it difficult for a young person to find a good job in your country?

A: Uh well, with the unemployment rates so high, especially these days I would say it’s very difficult. But if you have good qualifications and patience (and a politician to help you…..) you might find something.


Q: Do you take much interest in politics?

A: Oh, to be honest I’m not interested at all. I find it very boring.

A: The majority of people my age are interested in the decision-making processes that affect our daily lives, even if some of us are too disengaged or disillusioned by the present problems to realise it. We all have concerns about our future.